Faculty positions in SAU are the highest paid (tax-free) academic jobs in the government sector in South Asia. The to-be-appointed president of the university would get $80,000 salary per year, while a professor gets between $30,000 and $45,000 a year.
Their application period for faculty positions just ended in Feb 21, 2011. However, this ad gives an idea of the salary ranges. We give some excerpts.
For the second academic session commencing in July 2011, the University has the following openings for faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor:
- Faculty of Economics (5 positions)
- Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science (5 positions)
- Faculty of Life Sciences and Biotechnology (6 positions)
- Faculty of Legal Studies (6 positions)
- Department of Sociology,Â Faculty of Social Sciences (6 positions)
- Department of International Relations, Faculty of Social Sciences (6 positions)
Salary, Benefits and Incentives:
- Professor: – US$ 30,000 to 45,000 PA
- Associate Professor: – US$ 20,000 to 35,000 PA
- Assistant Professor: – US$ 15,000 to 25,000 PA
In terms of Indian Rupees, at today’s rate of $1 = 45.47 rupees, the amounts are:
- Professor: 13.64 lakhs p.a. to 20.46 lakhs p.a.
- Associate Professor: 9.09 lakhs p.a. to 15.91 laks p.a.
- Assistant Professor: 6.82 lakhs p.a. to 11.37 lakhs p.a.
Add comment February 25th, 2011