This is mentioned in the scrolling headline of its web page at http://www.srisriuniversity.org/ver2/default.htm. About the courses that will be offered, following is from http://www.srisriuniversity.org/ver2/courses.htm.
Sri Sri University aims to become a centre of excellence matching international standards in education. This will be enabled by offering courses in various disciplines, organized into schools that will function as logical academic entities.
Keeping in mind, the growth of various economic sectors and their employment potential, the needs of the society and country at large and vision of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankar, an indicative list of schools proposed in multiple disciplines are:
- Mass Communication
- Advanced Research
To impart marketable skills in short duration and generate qualified employable individuals in a short span of time for our burgeoning economy, Certificate school will impart 6 month courses in various fields.
Proposed courses for first year
Name of the Course
Bachelor in Education
Masters in Education
Research in Ayurveda
Certificate courses of 6 month duration will be offered in the manufacturing stream e.g. Welding , Electrical etc. as well as in IT stream e.g. Computer Hardware, Web Designing and Graphics etc.
In regards to its short term and long term mission, following is from http://www.srisriuniversity.org/ver2/mission.htm.
Sri Sri University aims to create centers of excellence for providing knowledge, education, training, and research facilities of high order in the field of arts, commerce, science, technology, media, healthcare, business, and other related higher education. The focus of the university is to function in Orissa, India and then the world as a learning resource centre which provides opportunity to learn, teach, research with relevance to the needs of the economy at a national and international level. It also aspires to provide arrangement for national and international participation in the field of higher and professional education including technical education with close associations with the relevant industry. The programs that are value based with inspiration from His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in which the aspiration of India and the world in terms of educational standards are met.
The endeavour is to have,
- A core campus comprising academic and non-academic buildings to cater to the needs of 15,000 students, 1,500 faculty and matching number of non-teaching staff with adequate infrastructure, in terms of physical facilities, excellent faculty as well as the right environment that would attract the best talent.
- Courses that are in demand such that the students get ready employment. Basic science, humanities, engineering, medicine, pharmacy, business management, law, bio-science, art, culture and vedic studies, ayurveda is on the list.
- To Institute 44 courses in next 5 years across disciplines.
- To have 8 fully functional and completely equipped departments in next 10 years.
- To initially admit approximately 350 students and approximately 3000 students by its fifth year
- To employ 35 faculty members in its first year and 145 by its 5th year.
- To set-up a separate world-class Medical College within the campus to produce qualified doctors with a deeper sense of commitment and responsibility towards this noble service. The college shall also have an adjacent Super-Speciality Hospital with the latest state-of-the-art facilities and equipments to facilitate total practical experience to the students to complement the excellent theoretical education, and also to provide comprehensive treatment facilities for the needy from far and wide.
Some more detail about the teaching hospital time line is at http://aolhet.com/en/node/2. We present it below.
Sri Sri University Teaching Hospital
The goal of the Sri Sri University Teaching Hospital is to provide primary, preventive and educational healthcare. The Teaching Hospital will offer state-of-the-art, affordable medical care to communities in underserved areas by using an integrated approach that combines traditional health care and modern technology.
In the period between 2011 and 2016 the Art of Living Health and Education Trust aims to:
• Design and construct the Sri Sri University Teaching Hospital with specialized facilities on campus;
• Build 25 primary care satellite clinics in locations determined by a feasibility study;
• Offer telemedicine services in primary care clinics with the capability to transfer patients with specialized medical needs to appropriately staffed and equipped clinics;
• Emphasize community-driven development through the International Association for Human Values’ 5H program [Health,Hygiene, Homes, Harmony in Diversity, Human Values]; and
• Develop a replication strategy using the design, construction, and operations of the Sri Sri University Teaching Hospital as a prototype, in collaboration with other NGOs and charitable organizations, to extend His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s vision of affordable primary, preventive and educational healthcare to other parts of the world.
5 comments October 11th, 2009