Following is an excerpt from a report in Times of India.
The road, transport and highways ministry (MoRTH), which has sought a $3 billion loan from the World Bank for this project, has already finalized 3,769 km to be taken up for double laning. The ministry has also identified another 2,600 km for this purpose.
Seven stretches covering 807 km of single-lane highways would be doubled in Bihar while nearly 638 km of single-lane NH falling in Himachal Pradesh would be upgraded. Orissa and Uttarakhand will see 558 km and 448 km of similar stretches being upgraded.
Sources said the preliminary report prepared by the ministry for other stretches shows that HP would get a good share in the list of states to be covered under the plan. Similarly, Uttarakhand, Bihar and Orissa will see large stretches being double-laned.
I could not find out which highways in Orissa are part of this. Some of the sites to watch for are:
Following is a map of the National Highways in Orissa obtained from the Ministry of Road and Transport’s website.
The two main access point to this hill is the Nrushinghanath Temple (Baragarh district) in the North side and the Harishankar temple and falls (Balangir district) in the south side. The road distance between the two is 40 kms and one can walk on the mountain top between these two places through a day long 16 km hike. The following three maps show these areas.
The map was obtained from the Team Orissa web site.
Angul, Balangir, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada-Balasore-Kirtania, Bhadrakh, Bhadrakh-Balasore, Bhadrakh-Dhamara, Bhubaneswar-Berhampur, Bhubaneswar-Cuttack- Kalinganagar, Bhubaneswar-Dhenkanal- Anugul, Bhubaneswar-Nayagarh, Bhubaneswar-Paradip, Bhubaneswar-Pipli- Astaranga, Bhubaneswar-Pipli- Konark, Bhubaneswar-Puri, Bouda, Choudwar-Kendrapara - Dhamara, Coastal highway, Corridors emanating from Bhubaneswar metro, Cuttack, Cuttack-Paradip, Deogarh, Dhenkanal, DISTRICTS & BLOCKS, Gajapati, Ganjam, Grama sadak, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur, Jharsuguda-Sambalpur- Bargarh, Jharsugurha, Kalahandi, Kalinganagar - Kamkhya Nagar - Talcher, Kalinganagar - Panikoili - Jajpur - Kendrapara, Kalinganagar - Tarini - Keonjhar, Kalinganagar- Chandikhol- Paradip, Kalinganagar-Bhadrakh, Kandhamala, Kendrapada, Keonjhar, Khordha, Koraput, Malkangiri, Mayurbhanj, Mining Corridor, Nabarangpur, National Highways, Nayagarha, NH 200 (440 Kms: Chhattisgarh - Jharsuguda - Deogarh - Talcher - Kamakhyanagar - Duburi - Chandhikhol), NH 201 (310 Kms: Boriguma - Bhawanipatna - Balangir - Bargarh), NH 203 (97 Kms: Bhubaneshwar-Pipili-Puri-Konark), NH 203A (49 Kms: Puri - Bramhagiri - Satpada), NH 215 (348 Kms: [email protected] - Anandapur - Kendujhargarh -Rajamundra @NH-23), NH 217 (438 Kms: Chhattisgarh Border - Khariar Rd - Nuapada - Khariar - Titlagarh - Ramapur - Baligurha - Asika - Brahmapur - Gopalpur), NH 224 (298 Kms: Khordha - Nayagarh - Dashapalla - Bauda - Sonapur - Balangir), NH 23 (209 Kms: Jharkhand Border - Rourkela - Rajamundra - Pala Laharha - Talcher - NH-42), NH 42 (261 Kms: [email protected] - Redhakhol - Anugul - Dhenkanal - [email protected]), NH 43 (152 Kms: Chhattisgarh Border - Chandili - Borigma - Jaypur - Koraput - Sunki - Andhra Pradesh Border), NH 5 (488 kms: NH No.6 in Jharkhand - Baripada - Baleshwar - Bhadrakh - Cuttack - Bhubaneswar - Khordha - Brahmapur - upto Andhra Pradesh Border), NH 5A (77 Kms: NH-5 at Chandikhol to Paradip), NH 6 (462 Kms: Chhattisgarh Border - Lobarchatti - Bargarh - Sambalpur - Deogarh - Kendujhargarh - Jashipur - Bangriposi - Jharkhand Border ), NH 60 (57 Kms: West Bengal Border- Jaleswar - Baleshwar), NH 75 (18 Kms: Jharkhand Border to NH-215 near Parsora), Nuapada, Overall Odisha, Puri, Puri - Konark, Rayagada, Road maps, Roads, highways and Bus stands, Rourkela-Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Sonepur, State highways, Sundergarh, Vijaywada-Ranchi highway
In recent years there has been a big jump in the number of kilometers of national highways in Orissa. Following is copied from my page "Roads and Highways infrastructure in Orissa."
Road network: Orissa Roads1; Orissa Roads2; India’s NH network; India’s golden quadrilateral; the part of the GQ/NH-5 that runs through Orissa.
- National Highways in Orissa and India; its growth in recent years:
- NH 5: Junction with NH No.6 in Jharkhand near Baharagora-Baripada–Baleshwar-Bhadrakh-Cuttack- Bhubaneswar-Khordha-Chhatrapur-Brahmapur– upto Andhra Pradesh Border. (488 kms)
- NH 5A: Junction with NH No.5 near Haridaspur-Paradip Port. (77 kms)
- NH 6: From Chhattisgarh Border-Lobarchatti- Bargarh – Sambalpur-Deogarh-Barakot- Kendujhargarh -Jashipur-Bangriposi-upto Jharkhand Border (462 kms)
- NH 23: From Jharkhand Border-Panposh-Raurkela– Rajamundra-Barakot- Pala Laharha-Talcher-Jn. with NH-42 (209 kms)
- NH 42: Junction with NH No.6 near Sambalpur– Redhakhol-Anugul-Dhenkanal- Jn. with NH-5 near Cuttack. (261 kms)
- NH 43: From Chhattisgarh Border– Dhanpunji- Borigma- Jaypur–Koraput-Sunki- Andhra Pradesh Border. (152 kms)
- NH 60: From West Bengal Border– Jaleswar – Baleshwar (57 kms)
- NH 75: From Jharkhand Border to junction with NH No.215 near Parsora (18 kms)
- NH 200: From Chhattisgarh-Machida-Jharsuguda– Kochinda- Deogarh –Talcher-Kamakhyanagar-Sukinda- Chandhikhol (440 kms)
- NH 201: Boriguma-Ampani-Bhawanipatna– Belgan- Balangir-Luisinga-Jogisuruda-Dunguripali-Bargarh (310 kms)
- NH 203: Bhubaneshwar-Pipili-Puri–Konark (97 kms)
- NH 203A: The highway starting from its junction with NH-203 at Puri, connecting Bramhagiri and terminating at Satpada (49 kms)
- NH 215: Panikoli-Anandapur-Ghatgan- Kendujhargarh– Parsora-Koira-Rajamundra (348 kms)
- NH 217: From Chhattisgarh Border-Nauparha-Khariar- Titlagarh-Belgan- Ramapur- Baligurha-Sorada-Asika- Brahmapur– Narendrapur- Gopalpur (438 kms)
- NH 224: Khordha-Nayagarh-Dashapalla- Purunakatak-Bauda-Sonapur-Balangir (298 kms)
- Vijaywada-Ranchi highway (approved by planning commission as reported in May 2006), [July 06] [The Orissa government has been demanding a NH from Vijaywada to Ranchi which will pass through the Naxal infested areas. 1200 km of this 2000km will be in Orissa. CM talked to planning comission about it.]
- Ongoing National Highway work in Orissa
- Future plans for Orissa: [1:april-28-05]; [2:april-28-05].
- Various phases of NHDP: ; ; 
- Other highway plans:
- 4 laning of Chandikhol-Paradip by February-end of 2007
- 4 laning of Keonjhar-Panikoili, Duburi-Talcher, Cuttack-Paradeep and Duburi-Keonjhar Highways. [June17-05-Pragativadi]
- Aim-for-with-high-priority/parts-of-it-in-Orissa-govt- plan(page4)-already:
- Connect NH 215 (perhaps at Jajpur Rd) to Jenapur to NH200 (where it meets Brahmani) with a highway as Jenapur is the location where the National waterway will cross the railway line and Jenapur is 7 kms from where a branch of the line goes to Daitari and Bansapani.
- Designate AP-border-Koraput-Raygada-Padampur- Berhampur (in NH5) as a National highway. (This will bring Koraput and Raygada, thus a big part of KBK, closer to BBSR) — a slight revision of what is in the plan
- Designate Anandpur (NH 215)-Bhadrak-Dhamara port as an NH. (This will bring Dhamara port closer to Jharkhand, thus helping industries in Jharkhand and Orissa.)
- Jagatpur-Kendrapara-Chandbali-Dhamara — make it an NH (alternative route to Dhamara port)
- Panikoili/Kuakhia-Jajpur-Aradi-Chandabali — make it an NH (alternative route to Dhamara port)
- Panikoili-Jajpur-Kendrapara-NH5a-Paradeep — make it an NH (alternative to Paradeep port)
- Orissa State Road Transport Company (OSRTC)
- Wide city roads:
- Four-laning of the Airport-Dhamana Chhaka road in Bhubaneswar: 
- Other Bhubaneswar Road plans: , 
- Bhubaneswar area road plans: