Archive for the 'Bio-mass' Category
Bishnu Das’s article in Business Standard lists many of the solar and biomass power unit projects that are in the pipeline in Odisha. Following are some excerpts.
Solar power units:
- 5 Mw power plant of RSB Energy Pvt Ltd in Sundergarh district
- Enzen Global Solutions’s 5 Mw solar power plant in Khurda district
- Lanco Solar’s 5 Mw solar plant in Cuttack district
- Sunark Solar’s 5 Mw power plant in Puri district
- Kolkata based SREI Infrastructure’s 5 Mw solar power plant in Bolangir district
- Moserbaer Pvt Ltd’s 5 Mw grid interactive solar photo voltaic project
- Sahara India’s 5 Mw solar power plant
Biomass power units:
- Rice husk based power plant being set up by Shali Vahana Green Energy Ltd at Nimidha village in Dhenkanal district
- Satya Bio-Power Industry Ltd planning to set up a 10 Mw plant in Ganjam
- A V N Power Projects setting up a 10 Mw power plant in Kalahandi district
- Prasad Bio-Energy planning a 10 Mw unit in Raygada
- Jay Laxmi Bio-Energy Ltd intends to set up a 10 Mw unit in Nayagarh
- Another plant of similar capacity is proposed by Andhavarapu Bio-Energy in Nawarangpur
Following is an excerpt from a report in Business Standard.
… the Orissa government has approved two more bio-mass based power projects with a combined generating capacity of 39 Mw of power.
With this the total envisaged generating capacity in the bio-mass sector will increase to 129 Mw. Earlier, the government had approved 8 bio-mass based power projects with a combined generation capacity of 90 Mw.
… to promote bio-mass based power plants through the use of the wastes like rice husk, groundnut cover, coconut cover and other agricultural waste, the state government has started some initiative and approved the setting up of ten bio-mass based projects so far.
The State Level Technical Committee (STC) chaired by the secretary, science and technology, in its meeting held recently cleared two proposals- one by Starlight Energy’s proposal to set up a 15 Mw bio-mass power plant at Nuapada and the other by Mahavir Hitech Chemicals (P) Ltd to set up a 5 Mw power plant in Ratanpur village of Sundargarh district.
STC has also approved setting up of five more solar power projects aggregating 25 Mw in the state. The proposals include 5 Mw power plant proposed by RSB Energy Pvt. Ltd in Sundergarh dicstrict and Enzen Global Solutions’s plan to set up a 5 Mw solar power plant in Khurda district.
Similarly, Lanco Solar’s 5 Mw solar plant to be set up in Cuttack district, Sunark Solar’s 5 Mw power plant in Puri district and Kolkata based SREI Infrastructure’s proposal to set up a 5 Mw solar power plant in Bolangir district have been given the green signal.
Earlier the state government had approved Moserbaer Pvt Ltd’s 5 Mw grid interactive solar photo voltaic project and Sahara India’s proposal to set up a 5 Mw solar power plant in the state.