[For Pinkbook extracts see here.]
Following are Odisha specific excerpts from the budget speech.
42. To meet the increasing demand, reduce dependence on imports and to generate employment opportunities, following new manufacturing/maintenance facilities are proposed to be set up:-
vii. a new wagon maintenance workshop in Kalahandi district, Odisha;
43. As regards setting up of new coach factories at Palakkad and Kolar, and a wagon factory in Ganjam district of Odisha, we are in consultation with respective state governments. I am hopeful of early commencement of work.
50. With a view to contributing to the national skill development programme of the Government, Ministry of Railways would impart skills to the youth in railway related trades in 25 locations spread across the length and breadth of the country. These locations are: Agartala, Alwar, Ankleshwar, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Dimapur, Imphal, Jagdalpur, Jais, Katihar, Kazipet, Kollam, Koraput, Lumding, Mangalore, Murshidabad, Nagpur, Naharlagun, Pathankot, Ranchi, Ratlam, Shimla, Sirsa, Srinagar and Tiruchchirappalli.
79. In 2010-11 and 2011-12, Railways completed 709 km and 727 km respectively of new lines. However, during 2012-13, emphasis was laid on capacity enhancement works like doubling, traffic facilities etc. The target of 700 km of new lines in the current year had to be scaled down to 470 km due to inadequate resources. The sections which have either been completed or are planned to be completed during 2012-13 are listed at Annexure 1.
New Lines to be completed in 2012-13
23 Khurda Road-Khurda Town
24 Lanjigarh Rd.-Junagarh (balance portion)
81. I am happy to report that that the target of 700 km of doubling will be marginally exceeded during 2012-13. Sections which have either been completed or are scheduled for completion during 2012-13 are listed at Annexure 3.
Doubling projects to be completed in 2012-13
29 Jharsuguda-Rengali (part)
Targets for 2013-14
85. A target to complete 500 km of new lines has been set for 2013-14.
A list of sections proposed to be completed during the year is given in Annexure 5.
New Line projects to be completed in 2013-14
20. Khurda Town-Sunakhela
87. The target for Doubling has been increased to 750 km for 2013-14. The sections proposed to be completed in 2013-14 are given in Annexure 7.
Sections proposed to be doubled in 2013-14
90. I propose to take up following new projects in 2013-14:
5. Singapur Road-Damanjodi
91. I have been receiving representations from Hon’ble Members, State Governments and other public representatives in large numbers for construction of new lines, gauge conversion, doubling, and electrification and also for surveys. I have been pondering over them for the last one month. They are all genuine and reflect the growing need and demand of the most preferred mode of transport of the people in the country. I would sincerely wish to take up all those projects but am severely constrained for the reasons submitted earlier. Given this conspectus, despite the resource crunch, I propose to take up 22 projects of new lines and one gauge conversion project on socio-economic consideration and one doubling project after obtaining necessary approvals/clearances. These are:
93. I propose to undertake following surveys during 2013-14:
11. Bangriposi-Gorumahishani (Updating)
23. Jashipur – Jajpur Road
36. Nirakarpur and Tapanga new bye-pass line
56. Titlagarh- Junagarh
New Train Services
95. A detailed exercise has been carried out to assess availability of
track capacity, terminal facilities and maintenance infrastructure. Within
the available resources, it has been possible to provide the following
new train services:
10. Bhubaneswar – Hazrat Nizamuddin Express (Weekly) Via Sambalpur
26. Howrah – Chennai AC Express (Bi-weekly) Via Bhadrak, Duvvada, Gudur
38. Kamakhya (Guwahati) – Bangalore AC Express (Weekly )
58. Puri – Sai Nagar Shirdi Express (Weekly) Via Sambalpur, Titlagarh, Raipur, Nagpur, Bhusawal
59. Puri –Ajmer Express (Weekly) Via Abu-Road
63. Tirupati – Bhubaneswar Express (Weekly) Via Visakhapatnam
65. Visakhapatnam – Jodhpur Express (Weekly) Via Titlagarh, Raipur
Extension of Trains
5. 18437/18438 Bhubaneswar – Bhawanipatna Express to Junagarh
16. 12507/12508 Guwahati-Ernakulam Express to Thiruvananthapuram
17. 17005/17006 Hyderabad-Darbhanga Express to Raxaul after gauge conversion
25. 12145/12146 Lokmanya Tilak (T)-Bhubaneswar Express to Puri
33. 18419/18420 Puri-Darbhanga Express to Jaynagar
Increase in frequency
18. 18309/18310 Sambalpur-Hazoor Saheb Nanded Express 2 to 3 day
Some mentions relevant to Odisha are:
2. Hatia (Ranchi) – Yesvantpur Express (Weekly)
7. Tata-Visakhapatnam Express (Weekly)
5. Puri –Ajmer Express (Weekly) Via Abu-Road announced in Railway Budget 2013-14 will now be a bi-weekly train.